The Backroads Website!

The Backroads Website!
click here to enter

Thursday, August 9, 2007

More shots from the road.....South Dakota

A beautiful South Dakota sky.
Doing the "happy dance" after climbing the giant cliffs!

Tate getting a workout.


Mike doing some rock climbing on the way.



Sioux Falls




We even saw the statue of Liberty! In South Dakota?





A glimpse of President Washington in the rocks under Mt. Rushmore. Yep, this was on the hike that darn near killed me!







Mt. Rushmore







Gator and trainer at Reptile Gardens, SD.








A very "happy camper" at Reptile Gardens.








I was on the top back row to get this shot! Ewwwwwwww.









Tate looking for Prarie Dogs in the Prarie Dog town. I think he scared them off, they barked and ran when they saw him!















And in front of the most dangerous snake in the world. I did good getting this close. I wonder how many loose ones are in there? Not this kind I hope.











Ahhhhh, taking pictures in reptile gardens of "pretty things".











Beautiful parrot.

















Orchids, my kind of picture taking.















and more

















and yet more. Ahhhh, no snakes.




Well, I will get some more shots up later. We will be moving on to Wyoming and Montana in the next bunch and finishing at Chimney Rock in Nebraska.












No comments: